We hope our work feels meaningful to you, we appreciate your support and thank you all for a wonderful year downtown!!
- We clocked more than 850 hours of volunteer time toward HDCA efforts in 2016.
- We finished our new website.
- We’re ready to roll out our Historic Plaque program in partnership with the Historical Society featuring plaques with photos and descriptions for downtown buildings.
- Sip & Stroll – We raised more money than ever – 3 times the amount raised last year. We put that money toward necessary electrical upgrades downtown for holiday lighting.
- Holiday Lighting – Downtown had almost every building lit and we completed electrical upgrades that have been on the work plan for several years. We’re currently working on a partnership with a great local organization (staying quiet until it’s official) to help with our 5 year lighting plan.
- Woodin Avenue Landing – We have made tremendous progress on this 3.5-year-old project. We’re currently looking at an HDCA/City/Rotary partnership to get this project done by Spring 2018.
- Small Town Christmas – We expanded activities and increased turnout for tree lighting and other activities.
- We finished our first electrical wrap at the corner of Safeway and received a ton of great feedback.
- We revised our By-Laws.
- With the help of the City, we got the lamp posts and clock repainted.
- We implemented Weekly Updates from HDCA.
- We have all four committees functioning and meeting on a regular basis.
- We created strong partnerships with other organizations throughout the valley.
- We significantly increased our social media and traditional PR presence.
- We started quarterly merchant socials.
- We on-boarded 5 new board members, a new ED, new VP and new PresidentThe HDCA couldn’t do all the above and much more without the support of downtown businesses! It’s been a busy 2016! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! See you all in 2017!