If you are interested in being part of the effort, there are several ways you can help out and be in action.
B&O/Main St. Tax Credits Program
This amazing program allows you to donate to the HDCA and then receive a TAX credit for 75% of that donation which you can apply directly to your next your B& O Taxes. Example: If you donate
In 2005, Washington State legislation created the “Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program.” Through the program, businesses are eligible to take a B&O tax credit for contributions given to eligible downtown revitalization organizations, including HDCA.
In effect, this program refocuses a portion of B&O taxes towards Chelan – supporting our local organization and its mission to support Historic Downtown Chelan.
Many thanks to the businesses who donated to HDCA in 2016 through the Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program.
To take advantage of the Main Street Tax Credit by donating to HDCA during 2015 you must first be approved by the Department of Revenue and e-file. Click here for step-by-step screen shot instructions provided by the Department of Revenue. Your tax credit will be available when you pay your taxes online during 2016.
For additional information please contact HDCA at email@example.com or 509.682.4322.
Your support is very much appreciated!
Become a Member
Without the support of our community and the businesses we serve, we could not operate. Your contribution to HDCA helps make our downtown a special place and allows us to continue working on preserving out thriving downtown, the center of community activity and pride.
- Individual: $25
- Community Patron: $100
- Non-Profit: $125
- Business Owner: $175
- Property Owner: $175
- Benefactor: $500
- HDCA has a nine person board with each board member serving a three year term. Board members are required to attend monthly board meetings, participate in the Board’s annual retreat, chair or serve on one of our four committees, participate in the creation of the HDCA’s annual work plan and actively work toward decisions and solutions that are in the organization’s best interest.
- We are always looking for active committee members! Becoming a member of one of our committees is a great way to get to know people, become involved in the community or represent your business. Take a look at what each of our committees (insert hyperlink) oversee and email or call to let us know if you’re interested in joining.
- Event Volunteer
- The HDCA has various short-term volunteer needs throughout the year. We need help with everything form Sip & Stroll to Holiday Lighting to Harvest Fest to Small Town Christmas. If you’d be interested in being contacted for short-term volunteer opportunities, please let us know!
- Woodin Ave Landing
- The Woodin Ave Landing is the first phase of HDCA’s Gateway Park Project. The goal is to create an inviting, green space between the old bridge and Campbell’s leading down to the PUD dock. This is an area with a lot of potential and the HDCA is working with Hibbard Architecture to make that happen.
- Flower Baskets
- Each year, the HDCA organizes flower baskets for our 54 lampposts in downtown Chelan. The flowers add an extra level of beautification to our downtown in the summer months!
- Holiday Lighting
- In 2016, the HDCA started an initiative called “Holiday Lights at the Lake”! The goal is to move Chelan toward becoming a destination for holiday lighting over the next 5 years. HDCA will make incremental, but significant, upgrades to downtown lighting over the next 5 years and we hope the community will join us!