Lake Chelan Historical Photo
BUILDING: Ruby Theatre
Photo courtesy of the Chelan Museum – Visit their Site
The theater was built in 1914 and was named for the manager’s daughter. Many of the furnishings are original. During the 1920s all the candy sold there cost a nickel—Lifesavers, Hershey bars, Juicy Fruit gum, and Baby Ruths. Talkies were first shown in 1930; before that the shows were accompanied by a piano. The current digital sound and projection system was added in 2013. The Ruby is believed to be the oldest continuously-running movie theater in Washington state.