The Chelan Hotel was built on sand dunes in 1901 by Caroline and C.C. Campbell on property that cost $400 in 1898. Their son Arthur was in the first Chelan High School graduating class in 1907. The hotel opened in 1901 with 16 rooms that cost 50 cents per night. The downstairs restaurant was added in 1914. The resort is still owned and operated by the Campbell family.
Photo courtesy of the Chelan Museum