The theater was built in 1914 and was named for the manager’s daughter. Many of the furnishings are original. During the 1920s all the candy sold there cost a nickel—Lifesavers, Hershey bars, Juicy Fruit gum, and Baby Ruths. Talkies were first shown in 1930; before that the shows were accompanied by a piano. The current digital sound and projection system was added in 2013. The Ruby is believed to be the oldest continuously-running movie theater in Washington state.
Photo courtesy of the Chelan Museum